Monday, February 01, 2010

Tweets re the 31 January tax filing deadline (taxpayers)

HMRC now don't miss a thing on the tax return. "Were you party to one or more tax avoidance schemes?" @mel_kenny 

 I avoided the £100 fine, but I'm convinced the Inland Revenue must be conspiring with greedy accountants to keep them busy (and rich). @edthedoc 

 Wow, never thought I'd say this, but the Inland Revenue are rather lovely. *Happies* @SianySianySiany

Will the inland revenue never answer my call? Actually I don't want them to so everything's rosie :-) @tunatheday 

 Lots on this weekend but is mainly about the Inland Revenue and finishing my tax return. Dunno why I leave it so late: they owe me money! @johndglynn 

 The Inland Revenue owe me an iPad ! @ketan 

 Interesting. VirusBarrier suspects that the Inland Revenue self-assessment site is a phishing scam. Wonder if it's smarter than I think. @tomgorham 

 The Inland Revenue Tax Return 'Help line' is gonna get sued under the trades description act. @ianhaylett

Required - Translator for HMRC (Inland Revenue) website. Send CVs to: hmrcaremuppets@gov.uk. @davidjlowe 

 Bleurgh, tax return. I'm paying for an accountant for a reason, but she apparently doesn't do this for me :( @leslieq 

 Just paid tax using my debit card on HMRC site. Bank then texts me to say my card has been used for overseas transaction! @BookMarkLee 

 Paid my tax 2 days before deadline and my accountant is my new best friend @GillBlanchard

Accountant has sent through tax return at last minute. Turns out I owe £1, not a couple of grand as in previous years. Phew! @irascian (9am Sunday morning) 

Tax. Done. New resolution for 2010 - get an accountant. @joelbradbury (10pm Sunday evening)

Submitted tax return for first time without going to the wire. It is only 10pm, usually only do it with minutes to spare. @aabboud 

Just completed tax return 94 minutes ahead of deadline - woo hoo. No fine for me. And no tax to pay on losses. Next year I'll give more HMRC @robertwrobinson

No comments:

"Morton's Fork" - the rock and a hard place options for taxpayers

The expression "Morton's Fork" originates from a policy of tax collection. It was devised by John Morton, who was Lord Chancel...