What do clients say that winds you up?
- "I just popped everything in this carrier bag here - I knew you could sort it all out for me."
- "My friend's accountant says....."
- "I need a mortgage reference - you will make the figures look good for me won't you?"
- "A friend in the pub said that he's certain that...."
- "My van was broken into and........... all of my receipts were stolen"
- "How can I have made such much profit when I've no money left in the bank"
- "My son has been onto the HMRC web site and......."
- " I've already signed my tax return. Just fill in the details as usual"
- "I've put the cost of the new extension through, as I do make coffee in the new kitchen while I am working from home"
- "I will be able to pay you once someone has paid me." Always said AFTER you have completed their accounts.
- "My mate in the pub knows someone whose uncle-in-law reckons that I'm being overcharged"
Contributed by members of AccountingWeb on this discussion thread