- Why is simplification such a long word?
- A tax conscience is that small inner voice that tells you that the Special Civil Investigation Office will be writing to you.
- If taxes are the answer, what was the question?
- Why is it that HMRC can make 'mistakes' but taxpayers are always negligent?
- Haggis and tax laws are both the the result of bloody processes; the end result is a mystery and you wouldn't want to watch either being made.
- Is it true that HMRC's computer believes that the generation of names for random audit is too important to be left to chance?
- If you fill in your tax return before breakfast then nothing worse can happen to you all day.
- Due to taxation, politicians find it increasingly difficult to reconcile their net incomes with their gross habits.
- Is the Eiffel Tower a warning as to what will happen to Canary Wharf after taxes?
- Has the self assessment system resulted in the United Kingdom becoming a land of untold wealth?
Friday, June 12, 2015
Top ten tax teases and musings
“It’s tax time . I know this because I’m staring at documents that make no sense to me, no matter how many beers I drink” - Dave Barry “...
1. You work very odd hours. 2. You are paid a lot of money to keep your client happy. 3. You are paid well but your pimp gets most of the ...
"Do accountants laugh?" was a question posed online by top Comedy Magician, John Archer ahead of a gig for accountants. Among th...
What follows is an entertaining analysis of the merger of two accounting bodies as if they had met and married in 2014 in a lavish ceremony ...