- Why is simplification such a long word?
- A tax conscience is that small inner voice that tells you that the Special Civil Investigation Office will be writing to you.
- If taxes are the answer, what was the question?
- Why is it that HMRC can make 'mistakes' but taxpayers are always negligent?
- Haggis and tax laws are both the the result of bloody processes; the end result is a mystery and you wouldn't want to watch either being made.
- Is it true that HMRC's computer believes that the generation of names for random audit is too important to be left to chance?
- If you fill in your tax return before breakfast then nothing worse can happen to you all day.
- Due to taxation, politicians find it increasingly difficult to reconcile their net incomes with their gross habits.
- Is the Eiffel Tower a warning as to what will happen to Canary Wharf after taxes?
- Has the self assessment system resulted in the United Kingdom becoming a land of untold wealth?
Friday, June 12, 2015
Top ten tax teases and musings
Many years ago a publican had a meeting with a tax inspector in his pub. The publican had been claiming tax relief in respect the upkeep of ...
1. You work very odd hours. 2. You are paid a lot of money to keep your client happy. 3. You are paid well but your pimp gets most of the ...
This classic half hour radio episode first originally aired on 4 November 1956. Tony Hancock receives a tax demand for £14 12s 3d re ten y...
"Do accountants laugh?" was a question posed online by top Comedy Magician, John Archer ahead of a gig for accountants. Among th...