If Santa was an accountant...
- ...Christmas day would be referred to as "sign-off"
- ...he should worry that Wikileaks would publish his list of presents
- ...all of the kids clothes would be from "Baby GAAP"
- ...his helpers would work in a small room cranking out toys during "present season" which gets longer every year.
- ...letters to Santa would be carried forward from prior year
- ...He'd take advantage of the North Pole's tax haven status
- ...He'd probably moan about all the red tape he has to deal with
- ...his family still wouldn't have a clue what he does at work
- ...he would think about the mileage deduction for his reindeer drawn sleigh!
- ...planning would be done after the gifts were delivered
This is just a small selection of the suggestions volunteered by users of twitter in response to an invitation to use the hashtag: #ifsantawasanaccountant