- Getting in early only to find the manager who's got all the answers is not in today.
- Being asked to process a whole shed-load of material adjustments 1 hour before the audit is supposed to finish.
- Realising that the 'we-could-finish-a-week-early-and-have-a-jolly' budget has disappeared into thin air.
- Being shoved into a cold, pokey, little room in the basement with no windows, mobile phone reception, printer or copier, miles away from where all the people you need to speak to work and 12 floors from the nearest decent snacks vending machine.
- Having to ask the difficult finance manager at a client the same questions you know they get frustrated having to answer every year as they explain that nothing has changed.
- Finding out that your favourite prestigious audit client has gone bust and your audit partner has gone missing.
Friday, December 15, 2017
The 6 worst things that happen to auditors
“It’s tax time . I know this because I’m staring at documents that make no sense to me, no matter how many beers I drink” - Dave Barry “...
1. You work very odd hours. 2. You are paid a lot of money to keep your client happy. 3. You are paid well but your pimp gets most of the ...
"Do accountants laugh?" was a question posed online by top Comedy Magician, John Archer ahead of a gig for accountants. Among th...
What follows is an entertaining analysis of the merger of two accounting bodies as if they had met and married in 2014 in a lavish ceremony ...