Friday, October 05, 2018

Best excuses for late filings at Companies House

Each year Companies House receive unusual excuses from directors who fail to file their company accounts on time.

 Some of the most outrageous reasons given include:




  •  “goats ate my accounts” 
  • “I found my wife in the bath with my accountant” 
  • “pirates stole my accounts” 
  • “we delivered the accounts to the betting office next door to Companies House” 
  • “a volcano erupted and prevented me from filing” 
  • “slugs ate my accounts” 
  • “it was Valentine’s Day” 
  • “my company was more successful than I thought it would be, so I was too busy to file”

No comments:

Are some tax advisers paying more than they need to?

Some years ago on my first visit to Penrith, Cumbria, to present a talk to the local CIOT branch, I took a cab to the venue.  The driver ask...