Friday, May 27, 2011

Sean Locke at the Taxation awards

Sean Locke was the comic turn before the awards were announced last night. Before moving into his more mainstream material he shared some topical tax related thoughts including:
This is the 11th year of the awards - if you don't count the 3 years we didn't declare.

Good to see HMRC have a table here tonight. It's easy to see which one it is as all the waiters are wearing balaclavas.

I told some friends I'd got this gig and they reckoned tax advisers would all be boring. But you're not. I've met a few tonight. One even showed me his favourite receipts.


No comments:

Are some tax advisers paying more than they need to?

Some years ago on my first visit to Penrith, Cumbria, to present a talk to the local CIOT branch, I took a cab to the venue.  The driver ask...