Apparently this US published book:
"weaves entertaining and educational stories culled from tax accounting since biblical times. It presents the never-before-told story of how American and world history have been profoundly influenced by taxes. Unique, quirky, interlaced with personal accounts, and always enlightening, these amazing tax stories have involved some of our best- known leaders and celebrities."The book contains discussions about tax songs and videos, many of which have appeared on this blog. It also includes lesser know tax related stories including:
- gifts to Anna Nicole Smith.
- Liberace's garish "glamour and elegance," and
- Irving Berlin's songs.
- President Franklin Roosevelt made two attempts at taxing income over $25,000 at a whopping 100 percent! And he saved a future president from prison for criminal tax fraud.
- Abolish the IRS? Andrew Jackson actually did. But it came back 28 years later.
- Prior to 1933, U.S. presidents were exempt from income tax.
- Only one U.S. president has ever visited the IRS building.