Friday, April 12, 2019

Accountant gets shopped by her children

An accountant shared this true story on Linkedin:
I was shopping in Asda with my daughters on Sunday. We had to pick up a few things and whilst there, I remembered that I needed batteries for the business. 
When we were walking round I explained to the girls that we would need to pay separately i.e. (personal purchases on the personal card, business purchases on the business card). 
So we get to the self service check out and one of my girls asks again, why we had to pay separately. 
My youngest daughter shouts back in the loudest voice... “she’s going to put it through the company” 
And everyone within a 30ft radius turned round and looked at me, like I was about to conduct some sophisticated tax fraud. 
Laura Taylor, the accountant concerned, then added:
If you were in Asda Glenrothes on Sunday - my batteries were wholly and exclusively for business purposes!

No comments:

For every tax problem...

 For every tax problem there is a solution - which is straightforward, uncomplicated and wrong.