Friday, March 25, 2022

Irregular verbs to describe variations on tax planning and tax avoidance

 At it's simplest perhaps we have:

I only pursue approved tax incentives
You look for tax avoidance opportunities
He breaks the law and evades tax

One variation is:
I pay all the tax due
You look for easy ways to avoid paying all the tax due
He engages in aggressive tax planning

Another is:
I manage my financial affairs sensibly 
 You engage in aggressive avoidance 
 He/She is a slimy tax cheat

And looked at from another perspective:

I receive public spending
You get tax incentives
He gets a subsidy

What further variations can you come up with?

No comments:

Are some tax advisers paying more than they need to?

Some years ago on my first visit to Penrith, Cumbria, to present a talk to the local CIOT branch, I took a cab to the venue.  The driver ask...