Friday, December 15, 2023

'Last Christmas' as sung by a tax inspector

Last Christmas, I sent a demand
But the very next day, you appealed it away 
This year, to get us some tax 
I'll investigate and ensure you pay 

 (Chorus) 
Once bitten and twice shy 
I want your records, but you just seem to lie 

Tell me, taxpayer, do you recognize 
The mess you've made with your financial lies?  

Last Christmas, I filed a report 
But the very next day, you sent it away 

This year, to save me from tears 
I'll start a COP9 and make you obey  

Crowded offices, filled with paperwork 
Hidden incomes, we'll make it work 

I'll trace the money, follow the trail 
Your tax games won't let you prevail 

Last Christmas, you thought you were slick 
But the very next day, I uncovered the trick 

This year, to save me from strife 
I'll ensure you pay your fair share in life  

Some credit is due to ChatGPT for this. 

No comments:

For every tax problem...

 For every tax problem there is a solution - which is straightforward, uncomplicated and wrong.