Friday, August 23, 2019

Bizarre things audit clients have said...

“The prepayment hasn’t actually been paid yet, but it’s going to be.”
--
“Are you sure you’re old enough to be here?”
--
“We’ll fix it before the internal auditors find out.”
--
“Well, I don’t agree with GAAP.”
--
“As I said, this is not material.”
--
So I need to know exactly what you mean when you say ‘general ledger’
--
“Ah, my colleague is pretty useless, good luck getting anything back from him.”
--
“The fact that there’s an entry means it’s approved. Why do you need support?”
--
“Why do I need to document the process when I can just explain the process to my team?”
--
"Do we really NEED to have someone authorising the payments?"
--
“It’s correct. Don’t even worry about it.”
--
“I hope we don’t see you until the end of the year... and I mean that in the nicest way.”
--
“I know this entry was wrong, but I wanted you to find it.”
--
"There can’t be evidence for every number."
--
“Why do you need this for exactly?” [repeatedly, in response to every request for anything]
--
“Oh, I thought goodwill meant charity expenses.”
--
“Here is the list of unrecorded liabilities.”
--
“Can’t you just select these easy samples for vouching?”
--
“We don’t have the support for that entry because the person responsible has left the company.”
--
Originally collated and shared by the twitter account @overheardaudit

No comments:

Before PwC, before Coopers & Lybrand, there was Cooper Brothers.....

PwC was initially called PriceWaterhouseCoopers having been formed by the merger of Coopers and Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. Long before th...