Friday, August 27, 2021

Things that could be said to your accountant but not to your partner

First the cleaner ones:
  • Can I claim this as an expense? 
  • I've done a couple of things I shouldn't have done but it's best I don't tell you. 
  • Is there any chance of a discount if I recommend you to a friend? 
  • I am afraid your assets are not very impressive 
  • Do you charge by the number of transactions, or is it one set fee for the entire relationship? 
  • How much do you charge an hour? 
  • You're very experienced, is that why you charge so much? 
  • Is there any interest? I used to get more interest a few years ago. 
  • How much? 
Now the others:
  • Has it gone up or down? 
  • You don't like nice round figures, do you? 
  • If I enter this correctly, do you think I would get relief? 
  • I can remember when everything balanced... 
  • My! that's a big ledger.
  • I’ll fill this one in. 
  • Are there any penalties for early withdrawal? 
  • I could work on a good column entry for ages. 
  • I'd like one of my business associates to have a look at that before I agree to it. 
  • I’m thinking of leaving it in there for a good few years. 
  • What do you know about roll-over relief? 
  • I’m worried about losing interest if I withdraw. 
  • If we do it the other way, can I still get relief? 
  • You are taking out more than you are putting in. 
  • You're very experienced, is that why you charge so much?

No comments:

Before PwC, before Coopers & Lybrand, there was Cooper Brothers.....

PwC was initially called PriceWaterhouseCoopers having been formed by the merger of Coopers and Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. Long before th...