Friday, August 06, 2021

10 things you will never hear a decent accountant say

 

  1. Yes, my fees could be lower if you pay me in cash 
  2. Yes, I'll find a way to justify all those supermarket receipts in your accounts
  3. Sure you can pay me less because you ignored my advice on how to make more profits 
  4. HMRC have no problem with retrospective tax planning
  5. Your tax return only took me 5 minutes to do 
  6. I love working from carrier bags full of clients' paperwork
  7. I have decided not to charge you anything this year
  8. The taxman will give up once he knows I'm representing you
  9. Don't worry about getting receipts 
  10. Yes, we can rewrite the past and pretend you did things that you didn't really do 
Any more for any more? What else would you never say?

No comments:

Are some tax advisers paying more than they need to?

Some years ago on my first visit to Penrith, Cumbria, to present a talk to the local CIOT branch, I took a cab to the venue.  The driver ask...