Friday, June 24, 2022

The balloonist and the accountant

One of my clients tells me he was out walking his dog when a hot air balloon crash landed in a field nearby. 

My client ran over to check the pilot was ok. He seemed to be fine and asked my client where he was. 

My client was feeling mischievous and replied "You are about 2 feet off the ground in a wicker basket in the middle of a green field". 

To which the pilot responded "You're a Chartered Accountant aren't you?" 

My client had to agree and asked the pilot "How did you know?" 

The pilot replied "It was simple really, the information you gave me was precise, accurate and totally bl**dy useless!" 

Had the joke finished here as it normally does, I might not have included it here as I'm not keen on reinforcing old stereotypes. But it continues with my client's brilliant reply to the balloonist: 

"And you must be a Manager - you don't know where you are or where you are going, you have failed to control the situation you find yourself in; and now you expect someone else to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault!"

No comments:

Before PwC, before Coopers & Lybrand, there was Cooper Brothers.....

PwC was initially called PriceWaterhouseCoopers having been formed by the merger of Coopers and Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. Long before th...